Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kolkata chronicles - 1

After I had travelled to Chennai for a day to give a training on the one and only JSF ( well that is the only subject which my bosses feel I can give training on ... ), I didnt get another chance to travel though TCS to some other locations. The Chennai travel was my first ever flight and hence I was very much looking forward to another travel. However it was in 2nd week of December 2006. Thereafter the IIMsa and other calls happened. Fortunately I came to know that I will be definitely joining a college this monsoon and hence resigned in May.

Now that they knew that I will not be here for long, my bosses decided to utilise my knowledge through various trainings. It was with this in mind that they told me to go to Kolkata to give a training. JSF requires 2 days to have a proper and complete training. The kolkata training was scheduled for 5 days. The reason being that the remaining 3 days were reserved for 2 other topics namely Spring framework and Hibernate ORM tool. (Btw JSF + Spring + Hibernate is considered to be a killer combination for creating web based applications in Java these days). Even though I had resigned and have no plans to continue working in the java space (rather tech space) in the future, I decided to learn the remaining two technologies so that I could atleast know what they are. (the more important reason being that it allowed me to stay in Kolkata and experience the place).

So I am all geared up for the travel. In the next few episodes I will start the actual travel related descriptions

2 comments:

A said...

Hey u knw wat these tech skills can aid u a lot in future...Imagine u can make small applications/utilites anytime u need...especially in MBA where u gotta be enterprising from day one...So relish all that u've learnt!

Sumo said...

Oye!!! Blogging bug chala gaya kya??