Wednesday, July 20, 2005

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

4 years of engineering leaves you with a lot of good memories. In those 4 years you are always with your friends for half of the day. Even at home, you remain connected with them through phone, internet, SMSes and outings.

So when your engineering comes to an end (after the final exams get over… it is obviously a relief) you are suddenly left with a void in your life. Everyone is experiencing that in the vacation. You are left with nothing to do but just sleep for long hours and killing time.

So any mention of a reunion always sparks off excitement in all those concerned. I got to meet my old school friends after a long gap. Most of them are in Pune for achieving BE in some branch or the other. But I was never able to meet them when they arrived in Mumbai for their break after every sem. The prime culprit being my sem exams. It clashed every single time. Their exams always used to finish quite earlier than my exams.

But fortunately the last sem got over at the same time as their did. I was finally able to meet them and we had a nice long chat on films, books, trips, photos, etc. we had pizzas from pizzahut and cracked jokes on each other. Vasudha in fact insisted that Nitin perform the dance in front of them which he performed in college for some event. We discussed ragging in our respective colleges and our own experiences related to it. And finally we discussed professors of the colleges (harsh have u got that book in which u had written about kallu?)

Then there is my friend Pratik (Kothari…there are 4 pratiks that I know) whom I meet almost daily. We go to the temple and during the short journey we are able to discuss films, cricket and other topics of interest. We assume ourselves to be masters of the first two. We find flaws in all major films and tell how it could have been improved. We become selectors and decide who should be in the Indian 11 and who the rising star is.
Recently he was baffled by his college friends’ behavior. And so our topic for that day was his friends.

Of course, there are my college friends with whom I maintain contact through phones or orkut scraps and messenger and mails. Occasionally we meet and roam around in malls or at the beach.

And finally when I am not with them I am thinking about them as I am right now writing this blog and listening to ‘dil chatha hai’. By the way, you are doing the same by reading this blog. J

Joke of the day:
Calling the waiter, a man in a restaurant complains that there are no crabs in the crab salad.
After a moment’s thought the waiter asks: “And have you ever seen any Greeks in a Greek Salad.”

1 comment:

Harsh said...

Copyright Infringement!!! Jus kiding ;-)... The title looked pretty similar to the one on mine....neway me finding no time to spare for my blog......

Nice to see , u enjoyin life.

Cheers